Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No free lunch dude!

Last sunday's nite, desktop prompted out a message while i watch the show. I was being informed that the next version of the AVG (famous free antivirus) is no longer "FREE". There will not have any updates for the current AVG. Well, that is the business. When gain enough popularity, ppl sure greedy for $$ la. Basically i do not offense their policy. As a programmer, i understand the effort on developing such a powerful tool. Their programmers have to survive pun ma. No choice lo, just uninstall the AVG and search for replacement. Luckily there still have many powerful "free" antivirus out there for me to try up...at least temporary for me to replace the old one. I found another lighter version antivirus called Avira. Quite effective pun, just installed and able to catch 2 "potential" viruses for me :). For this moment, i will just let it to take rid of my system...till sometime they take the free lunch back.

The antivirus is available here. Have fun with it :)



2 comments:

~David~ said...

yo fren~come to visit u^^

i'm using nod32~the id is crack one, need to update it time to time when it got invalid...now is getting hard to have free software unless we pay for it!

RedCrabby said...

Bienvenue sur mon blog!
Welcome to my blog :)

Free lunches getting less and less. Either you eat less, or you pay for it :p