Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ho Yu But Ho Kao (can meet but cannot hope)

Home sweet home. Since last two week, MIL was asking us to look for property in Penang. She engaged a friend in Simpang Ampat who want to sell off a corner lot. Well, as usual i just agreed to check out the house, no harm ma. Simpang Ampat was a small town about 30-40km from island. We follows the old road instead of PLUS. Along the way, you can see the palm estate are surrounded the area. I felt very sad when saw the houses area around there are so rural. Questions keep on pop out in my mind - "Am I really gonna end up my life here?", "Wow!So kampung, how to stay?", "So dirty", this and that. While we reach MIL's friend house, I totally fed up. The design of the house are out-dated, like 20-30 years house. The space is really big 20x20x60 ft". The corner lot cost rm128k, negotiable. I said nothing, just to wait for the time to pass.

Along the way back, I ask myself "do you want to be a rich guy in poor city, or a poor guy in rich city?" No answer in my mind yet. Felt a bit depressed, uncertain on my future. Should i stay in island? mainland? or perhaps KL?

My mood had a 360 switched when i saw a big sign-board at the corner of the road stated that "RM168k Double storey terrace". Without delay much, we visited the showroom. The project already 90% done and will sooner received the OC. Unfortunately the rm168k project is sold off, only leave few units for rm183k. The design of the house is very comfortable and is built based on Chinese's feng shui. Another selling point is car porch - it is shielded by the concrete roof top (can do BBQ and party on top...hehe). Overall, i would said this house only needs to do some minor renovation, like grill installation and can migrate in. The drawback of the house are - toilet too small (cannot yinyong hei shui :p), too many flies (probably can rare my fish...haha) and surrounded by rural area. Well, all these are fall under my tolerance level :p.

Actually buying a house is not like buying vegetable, so many thing need to consider - property value, location, market demand, capital appreciation, economy of the country, future development, child's future, fengshui, etc.

Good house is "ho yu but ho kao". Luckily i found one, hopefully the area would not flood....hehe










3 comments:

pinkylicious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hehe....more commitment now. Since you have already decided, hopefully you will like it there. Else, like you said, keep it for investment lor....then come back to KL :).

RedCrabby said...

Hopefully it would generate $$ for me in future...hehe