Monday, August 18, 2008

BKM to save petrol

I was drove back to KL last trip due to the bus tickets were fully sold off -_-". Without consider those expensive yellow-bull-tickets, decided to drive back. I changed my drive techique that day - i just maintaint to drive at 100-110kmh. Usually it took me a full tank to reach my KL house (when approaching 380, the bar will start blinking). But last friday, when i reach my house....the petro meter caught my attention. OMG....there still have three petro-bars available! Wowww.... if assume 1 bar as 45km, it is possible to reach 500km per tank :).

Initially i was thinking the saving was due to the Cathex petrol (i usually pump Shell :P). On the return trip, i confirmed the BKM to save myvi fuel - maintain the speed of the car below 3.5 rpm. Any myvi's owners here can double confirm my BKM ar?

*BKM = best known method

6 comments:

Leech said...

As long as u keep it below 3 rpm its good enough, for max effect, try to keep it below 2.

RedCrabby said...

Highway cannot keep below 2... dangerous oooo

meiyi said...

you are SUCH a typical INTEL-ier.
i guess Intel is your LIFE

RedCrabby said...

mei yi: So far, i not discover the reason to leave INtel yet... :P Are you INTELier as well?

meiyi said...

i'm ex-intelier..
i was the 31234 person. :P
made the wrong choice leaving..

RedCrabby said...

Wow... 31234 gal.. your voice must be very sexy ;p (how come my calls to 31234 always pickup by indian gals 1 huh?).